"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dedication to Madilynn Noel Stroud - Early adventures

I wanted to let you experience so many things, but one of our favorite places to go was the park. You loved walking around, and making me an exhausted daddy. You would take a nap on the ride to Girard Park, once we got out the truck you were on the go non stop and I was chasing you down and holding your hand while you climb over the steps or tree stumps near the pond. Some times I would bring our old bread and hand pieces to you to throw to the ducks. The first time you ever went to the park with me, I remember how you would grab the pieces of bread from me and continuously just kept eating them. I kept laughing and saying, "No baby thats for the duckies" You would simply respond.... "Duckies??" Eventually, you would become a skilled walker/runner. The ducks definitely didn't appreciate your new talent as they would often run for their life until you got them to jump into the pond a safe distance from you. Duck after duck, you would run at them screaming and laughing. I think you loved seeing the wings spread and flap in the air but your goofy laughter always brought a smile to my face. I just watched, made sure you didn't get too close and didn't fall in, then would just shake my head at your sillyness. When you started learning to say sentences, you would always tell all the animals at the park that you love them.
14 months in this pic at Girard Park
"I love you duckies"
"I love you skwerwell"
"Daddy, a puppy!!, I love you puppy!"
"AAAH a bug!......I love you bug"
You never failed to spread your love to everything you saw.
 I would load the wagon in back of my truck, and when I did that, you knew where we were going and would just wait by the front door as I finished getting the rest of our stuff, Water, snacks, etc.You loved when I pulled you in the wagon, then when you would see a puppy or ducks, you would want to get out the wagon and waddle your lil butt as fast as possible to them. So silly, smiling and laughing away, and looking back to make sure I'm watching. When you got tired, I'd pick you up and when you didn't wanna get down, you'd always cling to my hip like a baby monkey. You were never afraid to hug new people everywhere we'd go. I loved that about you and felt so grateful to have such a loving inspiration in my life. We went to Avery Island together one time as well and you saw the alligators or like you said "AGILATORS" and loved running in the open fields. You had that blank stare face when you would take in your surroundings and new experiences as if you were in awe by what you were seeing. It was a beautiful day and I'm glad I was with you to experience it.
napping on car rides like usual.

I enjoyed being your own translator, as I understood your own little language. You made it so easy to take care of you, rarely crying or throwing a tantrum, telling me you were hungry "lunch" "bite" "snack" or thirsty "juice" "Baboo/Bottle" "milk". But I love how the first word you spoke was "Daddy" and you took your first six steps to me at about 10 months. I was sitting at the kitchen table. You awkwardly stood up and stumbled your way towards me, one step at a time!! I was so excited, delighted, and it made your mommy so jealous, but she has experienced firsts of her own with you.

We had a special bond, you and me. I will always cherish that and never live that down.
days after this pic was taken, she would start walking

March 16, I think I will make that Random Compliment day. and Go up to atleast 10 people I don't know. and randomly give them a compliment in honor of you Madi. I think this is the best way I can continue to spread the love you have for EVERYTHING that was alive. That is what made you so beautiful little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment