"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Dedication to Madilynn Noel Stroud - Raising a bundle of joy.


5-14-2014, two days away from the last time seeing you in person.

After long days at work, I would fix your supper, bathe you, watch you have so much fun. I hated waking you up so early to go to work, but I made many sacrifices for you. It was comforting knowing you would go right back to sleep. (That was the main reason I pushed for a 7 on 7 off schedule; to let you rest and awake when ready, but I hated to be forced to bring you to daycare and away from me. I waited to go pick you up again.)
Getting frozen yogurt, You loved it.

Anyway, I got off track. After the nightly routine was done and we got our play time out of the way, you would pat the sofa and say, "Come sit daddy!" and ask me to put on George or Lion King.  I was more than happy to, as you laid right next to me and let me hold you 'til you so often fell asleep. So easy to cuddle with, so much love to give. The funny thing is, it's like you knew that is what I needed. Even though you shared so much love, you still saved most of it for me because you needed it just as much as I did. I used to whisper "I love you sweety," as I would pick you up to bring you to your crib. Kissing your forehead and rubbing your back, I still remember the first time you whispered back, "I love you too daddy." I froze in disbelief. You were so young I couldn't believe you understood what that meant, much less how to share those words with someone else. My heart melted instantly as I honored that experience with you. I just wish I could experience so much more from you, I don't want you to go...

I never passed up the chance to have you in my arms. I treasured the times we shared together, I never wanted to lose that and was willing to risk it all for you. I loved letting you wake up on your own. Hearing you call out for me as you waited for me to get you. I would fix your breakfast, change your diaper, and put on morning cartoons. Even changing your diapers didn't seem that bad as you learned the routine, eventually telling me to change your booooty. ( you made my life so easy) or making it a game by rolling away or always moving and constantly laughing. I couldn't get mad and couldn't help but laugh myself. Because your silly smile and laughter always lit me up with happiness.
First day back from San Antonio and having her in my arms!


I would cook for you if I wasn't too tired. You learned how to use a fork or spoon so fast (You were so independent, so brave, so entertaining.  You were supposed to be something great. I just know it, and now you're just a memory...and I hate that.) I would bring you to get donut holes, as I would get 3 jalapeno cheese kolaches every Sunday that I had you. It was one of our little traditions. (That I still find myself doing). You would get all sticky eating them and couldn't wait. Everytime you finished one, you would reach your tiny hand to me and say "Nudder One" and I would reply "OK baby, here you go." Grabbing it, you would sweetly reply "Thank You" as you munched down another. Never a picky eater. You were my little garbage disposal haha.
Feeding herself like a big girl

I will write about your birthday parties and Christmas real soon baby. I Love and Miss You so much. Hope your having fun playing while you're smiling down at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment