"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Monday, August 4, 2014

Dedication to Madilynn Noel Stroud - A little water bug

Daddy's Ninja Mask
          So many friends and relatives couldn't wait to meet you. I was so gentle, I didn't want to break you. Every time I held you, I couldn't stop looking into your eyes, your little lips, button nose, I loved and thanked God for everything about you. Couldn't wait to share you with the world. Because you were my world. 
         
           You cracked me up when I held you, and you would blow bubbles in my arms, or I make you laugh doing the silliest things. Your smiles and laugh were so contagious. Anyone near you would quickly smile with glee. I tried my hardest to avoid changing your poopy diapers. The very first time, I heaved like a sick cat, trying to finish as fast as possible so I could actually Breath again. Every time after that it would get easier, but I used my "Ninja Mask" and put my shirt over my face. At least in my mind it help me fight your powerful diaper duty aroma.

         
               If there was anything you loved to do, it would be to play in water. Ever since you were just a day old and we bathed you in the kitchen near the sink. I was nervous for two reasons.
1., I didn't want to hurt you.
2., I was expecting you to poop in the sink because of the warmth of the water.
(I am proud to say that you have never pooped in the bathtub, good job sweety haha)
You used to kick and splash all over the tub, constantly. Smile and laugh while you do it. You were
not afraid of the water at all. sometimes you would even lay backwards and almost let the water touch the tip of your nose before you came back up. You were a brave, goofy, but brave little girl. When at Meemee's you would always run outside to the dogs water bowl, it didn't matter if you had fresh new clothes on, a bathing suit, or nothing at all. As soon as your Meemee would turn around, you would run as fast as you can, giggling your lil butt off, and get soakin' wet all over again. When your cousin Cody would be there to play with you, every time y'all would go sit in Meemee's big tub and take a bubble bath together (one picture we forgot to capture :/ ) Each having your own cup and pouring the water over your heads. It was so great seeing y'all play like brother and sister. I would let you play with all of your toys in the tub on regular nights, we would spell the alphabet, you would play with Mr. Frog as he spit out water at you, and if you felt like I wasn't playing with you enough, You would either say PLAY WITH ME DADDY! or start pouring water out of the tub and mischievously laughing. When it was time to go to bed, I'd have your pajamas, diaper, and wipes waiting in the living room. You would always fight to run off and make me play chase with your towel flapping like a cap as its hooded over your head. I had so much fun laughing with you, even on the most exhausting days, I saved enough energy so that we could play.
trying to catch the bubbles while in our deluxe pool
Lovin' her some bath time


                  
Laughing and screaming as I say "Im gonna getcha, Im almost there!!"

First and Only time Madi got to experience the beach. The water was too cold but we let it hit her feet. She loved the way the sand felt, squishing it in her toes and fingers, rubbing it, then obviously trying to put handfuls in her mouth to taste it. Daddy wasn't having that. I wanted to bring her to Destin, FL this summer so she could actually run around and play with her Cousins Cody and Lucy.

               I loved spending as much time as possible, playing, dressing, feeding, bathing, singing, reading, coloring. Anything you wanted or needed, you were my number one. Your mom and I were both very protective, creating some unnecessary conflict, but we both wanted the best for our girl, and both tried to do what we thought was right. For the most part we didn't want you to see, the pain that was ripping your parents apart. I promise you little girl, I wanted everything in my power to give you the best life possible. I was trying to do that and had so much prepared for you. But you left me before I could make that a reality.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when she would roll over and over in the little pool outside until it would scare me that she was going to inhale water. She would want me to take her diaper off after it would get soaked and she would take off running bare butt in the yard. That little booty jiggling! She thought that was so funny.

    ReplyDelete