"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The story is about to begin...

      Coming from a divorced family, I've learned a lot from both of my parents. Often, a person will react either two ways. During a childhood experience, a person will learn and reciprocate the experience and apply it to his/her future or that person will learn to do the opposite of the experience depending on how it has affected the outcome of the person's life.

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." - Sir Isaac Newton, Third Law of Motion

Even though this law is for that of physical science, in my experience, theoretically you can apply this law to psychology as well. You will be involved in situations in your life, where you either react negatively or positively from it, and there will be other factors that are affected from this effect either as a benefit or a loss. The unique thing about our lives individually is that we can control whether or not we have a positive or negative impact on our lives. Ultimately, something will be learned from each experience in your life and that is why we are here to Learn, everything, all the time. It is a lesson and the capacity of our brain is endless.
Top: Myself, Mom, Older Sister
Bottom: Younger sister, Step father

Mom, Dad, If you read this, I know you were very young when you had both my sister and I, and you had many things you were learning on the road of life for yourselves. One thing you accomplished that I have not is seeing your children grow up to be educated, goal oriented, hardworking individuals. That is something to be proud of and I love and am appreciative for helping us get to where we are now. Without y'all and my stepfather, none of what I have accomplished would have been possible.
My Dad, Marques Colston, Myself

What I have learned growing up as a kid, is how ugly divorce is. How much pain it puts on everyone affected by it no matter what age. There will be sadness, pain, confusion, etc. Sometimes, the reactions are vented involuntarily to other parties; family, friends, but most of all children. The love from your child does not compare to the love from your spouse. In a child's eyes, the love for a parent is the world to them. When the child sees the parent hurting, the child hurts with them, same with every other emotion that the parent may experience. (This is my personal observation from being both a parent and child in a situation of Divorce).

In both scenarios it was also decided it was best for the child(ren). What I promised myself and Madilynn even before I was married, before I had a child, is that I would never get a divorce, I don't believe in it. I also made a promise to myself that I would love my daughter endlessly, so she would never feel a void from me and could always trust that her daddy was gonna be there for her. I did the best that I could and still hold true to that belief, but sometimes life has other plans that are out of my control. The only thing I can do is sit here and wonder where do I go from here, how do I adapt from this. I don't have all the answers, might not ever have them, but I can't give up.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wise person and will do great things and have a great life.

    ReplyDelete