"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dedication to Madilynn Noel Stroud - Prologue

        Starting today, and one time for every following week, I will express a dedication to a love so beautiful, so profound, and an angel so sweet and loving who loved to laugh and play, that I can not fathom why God would want to take it from me so soon and not allow me to watch it flourish before my eyes as the years grow older. Madilynn Noel Stroud was only two years, one month, and 25 days when she left my life to experience the divinity of Heaven (Yes I know she is there, and that gives me peace, even though I miss her constantly). It was the longest day of my life as time seemed to have stopped and then move slowly. then the week began to drag out even longer. I try to write as many memories as possible of the times we had together, and I am happy that I was able to experience every bit of that time with Madi, I just wish I could have had more. She was the only person I have ever had touch my heart to where she could make me laugh right after I have been crying, or after a long taxing day at work, when I would go pick her up, her wide open arms, huge smile, and sprint to me with a sparkle in her eyes, that would suddenly brighten my day. Ultimately my new lifelong goal is to master patience as this has been one of my greatest flaws. I hate that this is the way I have to master this challenge of life, but it is the only way I will get to love, kiss, and hug my sweet baby girl again for eternity in Heaven.

      Throughout the days of my intense mourning, constant questions, feelings of worthlessness, empty stomach and insufficient sleep, I also managed to write something that I felt that was sent straight from God. Please feel free to share this following message. I honestly believeHis message is to love unconditionally and forgive often. But learn from the past. The day before Madilynn's funeral I printed 150 of these papers. I still own the original but the message I am expressing is very powerful. The message comes directly from my heart and mind, and if I didn't believe it was true, I would not be sharing it with you right now.

       "If there is anything that Madi taught me, it is that God surrounds us in life. He is everywhere and in everything, constantly reminding us that He is there with us. What I never noticed or understood, until I had my baby girl, is that if you do not allow God into your HEART, then you are just going through the motions. You cannot experience unconditional love, you cannot truly forgive anyone or honestly understand anything if God is not allowed into your heart.

         You can go to church, surround yourself with Christian people, read the Bible over and over, and throw verses at people like rocks to try to break their spirit. If God is not in your heart,then you may never understand the lessons the Bible holds. A person can go through every motion possible, but if God is not allowed in your heart, 100%, then you will not appreciate your purpose in life and never understand or accept unconditional love for anything else. This world is so deep, and has more than just individual feelings or thoughts. Madi and I loved each other and I would sacrifice everything for her. She was my life, my world, my everything, now she's gone and left me with this message.

Share love for everyone, so God can fill your heart and not just surround your life. That is the only way you will truly appreciate anything."

I love you Madilynn Noel,
You were my one and only "lil butt"

Matt Stroud

No comments:

Post a Comment