"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Monday, March 17, 2014

Guess I'll revive this thing before it is forgotten


As some of you may know, I used to write these blogs regularly. Then I took on the task of starting a website formerly known as Acadianapokerplayers.com. I had a huge vision for this and wanted to eventually see it flourish. but I forgot to focus on the small start and build a strong foundation. It didn't take long for it to crumble beneath my feet. I think I've met many great people over the years and more than fortunate to have met many friends, poker players, and even some I have learned lessons from. Well I have new opportunities and even new life events from two years ago. Now that the dust has settled I want to find time to write my thoughts every now and then. Whether it be about Poker, My daughter, or just random life situations and events. I always enjoyed expressing my thoughts through literature, even if the grammar wasn't always the greatest.

I will also be posting my FULL article submissions that I usually submit to AnteUp Magazine for my monthly article being the Louisiana Ambassador. Mainly for the fact that I am limited to only 250 words and usually have more to say than that. So use this to your advantage as a sneak preview and inside view of whats to come in upcoming AnteUp issues, atleast for the state of Louisiana. I am also a great source for getting you a relaxing Poker Cruise provided by Ante Up. Just click on the link and let them know the Louisiana Ambassador Matt Stroud sent you. They will be sure to take care of any questions or needs that you may have!

Well I'll keep this short but stay posted, I have started to play more homegames lately as I took over the task of distributing the poker issues monthly as well and hope to see some  of you at the next games I go to. The main goal I have for this year is to earn enough money to go play in Las Vegas for a 3-4 night stay mainly because I have never had the pleasure of  visiting and I want to experience what  all the hype is about.

Other than that, I am finally able to focus more on my Job and feel that I am learning more and more each day and excited about every new thing that I learn! My daughter also turned two today and she had an awesome day. She has always lifted my spirits even when I hit rock bottom and she did it with little to no effort, I am so grateful to have such a wonderful daughter and wouldn't know what I would do without her in my life. I'm no longer married and have moved on from that chapter in my life, but no time for dwelling on the negative, its too easy to be pessimistic, sad or upset. You actually have to put forth effort and work to have happiness and confidence. Even more so when other unhappy people see you smiling and want you to be on their miserable level. You have accomplished new steps in your life when you don't allow them to defeat you. I will step off my philosophical soap box and just encourage you to never stop improving yourself. Always believe that you can become something more. The reward will be worth it.

Goodnight and glad to be back.M. Stroud

"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

No comments:

Post a Comment