"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Friday, March 28, 2014

F@*& Cancer! And Everything about it.



Recently I have learned that some people close to me have either just found out about having some type of cancer, or have been battling it for a while now. This is crap, just the fact that I don't understand it, like many. The only way to cure it is to basically put your body through pain and stress known as Chemotherapy and actually pay doctors and hospitals for this unusual form of torture. I guess my aggravation with the whole matter is that I just don't want to believe that this is the only way to kill it. One day as I was actually thinking about this. There was an article that came up in my facebook news feed how a group of Students at Stanford University actually came up with an alternative way and have been researching this. You can actually read this article HERE if you are wondering what I read. 

I'll be honest, I don't know much about Cancer, how its formed, and what it takes to get rid of it.  I do know that it is my astrological sign, (which is totally irrelevant to this blog) and that I hate it and everything about it. I also know that in order to get through it, You must stay positive and be optimistic, and the larger of a support group you have, the better, but above all, you cannot let the cancer defeat your spirit. If anything, getting through this will make you a stronger person and more influential to others that are close to you in your life.

The first I would like to talk about is a beautiful baby girl who has been battling a cancerous tumor by her face and neck since August 2013 at 19 months. She has had a very great spirit and she is also very loveable. I think what is even better about this story is the huge following she has gained and support system that has grown thanks to the extreme unselfish love provided by her Nanny Jennifer and Uncle Ryan Romero. They have been there every step of the way and Jennifer has literally been by her side to care for lil Aubrie. Recently there was an awesome benefit to help raise money with multiple bands, silent auctions, great food, just an awesome celebration that I unfortunately had to miss because It fell on my work week, but from what I heard the turnout was amazing.
You Can learn more about Aubrie and her battle at the website http://www.prayers4aubrie.com/


I just recently learned that my wonderful Aunt Holly was also diagnosed with breast cancer. I was actually in shock when I heard this and it still feels unreal to me. But I am confident that she can defeat this because she is a very strong woman and every single memory I have of my aunt she always has the Greatest smile on her face. She recently retired from Teaching after 30 years of putting up with bratty children, I don't blame her haha. But to be honest, I've never heard one complaint and everyone who she taught loved her. I just want her to know that even though this battle has just began for you, There will be many people around to love you, Especially your children Tim and Shelly, your silly grand babies, and of course your loving, goofy husband Uncle Glenn. Oh by the way, sorry but I had to put an embarrassing picture of you as well ;) love you!


Finally, a good poker buddy and friend of mine, Francis Nguyen, recently learned that his mother was also diagnosed with cancer. I don't know much details about this, but I know that all things are possible if you pray, stay optimistic, and believe that nothing is impossible and that you will prove it by getting through it! If there is anyone else out there that I may have left out I just want you to be strong and believe that things can only look better! If you ever need to talk, or a little extra support, I'm here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment