"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Dedication to Madilynn Noel Stroud - watching cartoons with daddy

We would watch your shows when I was trying to wind you down to sleep or if we were just waking up and relaxing. I would put you sitting on the couch and after I turn on the TV and Netflix. All I had to do was ask, "what do you wanna watch baby?" You would tell me one of the following...

"George" - You loved Curious George and we would watch this most often. No matter how many times you saw the episode, you still laughed hysterically at the same parts and get so excited at the same times.

"Lion Cub" - I think this was both of our favorite Disney movies and I had no problems putting this on for you and singing every song out loud to you. You would always look at me smiling, sometimes joining in and singing along. Other times, saying "NOOOOO, stop it Daddy!!" Not going to lie, my singing voice wasn't the greatest.

"Super Why" You would focus so much on this show and I loved that you participated everytime they asked. You wouldn't always give the right answers, but I thought it was cute that you would try to use your "Power to help" and would congratulate you with "Good Job Baby" or "That's Right!" and you would just laugh and keep watching.

"Dora" The Explorer - I never seen you watch this personally, but everytime you came back from MiMI's, you would always say "swiper, Noooooo swiping Swiper" and we would repeat it until you changed the subject to something else silly filled in your little head.

"Tiger"  Daniel Tiger
"Callou"  Caillou, you could almost say it perfectly, such a smart little girl.

"Mickey" - You loved minnie mouse, PawPaw Stroud got you a Minnie Mouse toy you could dress her and drive her in the car, you played with that and many other toys all the time.

"Clifford" - I recently introduced you to the Big Red Dog and finally had a new show for you to obsess over. I'm sorry but George broke to many things and got away with it. Hate to say it but so did Clifford, maybe that's why you could destroy my house I just cleaned in less than five minutes. I didn't mind cleaning it though because it made you happy, and gave me happiness knowing that.

"Barney" - This phase only lasted a little while, Thankfully you discovered George soon after.

"Big Bird" - You didn't watch it much, but loved watching Sesame Street

Dinosaur Train - You would say "I'm a monster, ROOOOAAAARRR!"

You had so many more shows you loved to watch, but when you got bored, you would go get all your colors and a coloring book and bring it into the living room. You would say "Come sit with me Daddy. Color with me!" as you dumped out all the colors and opened up the pages to your book. Handing em different crayons, you would say, "here daddy, you use 'dis one" lying on your little tummy, legs crossed, feet in the air, not a care in the world. It's exactly what I wanted your life to be. Care free. I was trying to do everything in my power to keep it that way. I wish you would still be with me. I miss you every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment