"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Louisiana has worst drivers, and they are all targeting me.....

Ok so, I have been having the worst luck driving lately. The most annoying part about it is that it hasn't been my fault in most of the cases. Honestly it goes to show Louisiana has the worst drivers in America as soo many polls, studies, statistics have shown and I hate being a victim of it.

First back in December, there is traffic coming to a stop on the highway so I easily slow to a stop, look in my rear view mirror and notice the guy behind me notices late and slams on his breaks to avoid me. He almost got me but missed...so its all good, I look back to the front of me waiting for traffic to start moving again then I hear BAM! then feel my truck collide with impact and notice another loud BOOOM! sound.....awesome. I get out a bit shaken and realized that the guy in the middle is concussed and can barely move. I ask him if he can move his arms and he does, then ask him if he can feel his legs, he is fine for the most part but his car....not so much. My bumper got the most of the damage on my vehicle but the other two vehicles behind me had to be towed away. Wreck #1 in the books.

A few weeks go buy and I get the new bumper on my truck and think everything's going good when going to work on the highway yet again. have about a car length away from the Truck in front of me with the roads damp, suddenly I see his break lights and immediately slam on my breaks. This doesn't matter as my anti lock breaks kick in and I am in the twilight zone where time just slows down and about 5,000 thoughts are hitting me all at once, but the loudest one that kept repeating to myself as I get closer and closer to the truck is...."Oh Shit......Oh shit.....Oh shit......OH SHIT.....BOOM! It didn't stop there, The SUV behind me also noticed late, but thankfully she didn't just slam on her breaks but also swerved into the middle median to avoid my truck all together. This would have been a much worse wreck and I probably would have been the poor guy in the first wreck if she wouldn't have done this, so I was very Thankful that she reacted in that way......and kind of wish I would have reacted the same. As I am getting out of my truck to make sure everyone is ok, I am thinking to myself, "Just what I need. Another wreck to start my day off right." I Look at the guy's truck and we both assess the damage. My front bumper is a bit dinged up but nothing I can't adjust myself and his truck shows barely any sign of a wreck at all. He confirms that he is OK and the lady that avoided me was already starting to drive off hahaha. A cop pulls along the side and asks us if we need him to stop and we both kind of look at each other, shrug our shoulders, and I said, "No sir, there doesn't seem to be much damage, we should be fine." The cop looks at me then looks at my truck and says...."well get the truck out the road completely." Then drives away. I apologize to the guy and tell him I'm glad he's OK and we both go on our way.

What the idiot in the black truck probably looked like.
Yesterday, I avoided another huge potential wreck because I'm sure some dumb ass was texting and not paying attention to the road on a 2 way single lane road. I am just trying to make it home after a long days work and notice the truck in front of me swerves around the idiot Black Truck veering into our lane. Then I have to swerve even further out of the way to miss him and end up halfway off the road and almost in the ditch. I then turn to get back on the road....going about 35-40mph and swerve into the oncoming traffic and have to immediately get back into my lane....it was another one of those OH SHIT moments with my booty puckering out of nervousness but some how I was able to maintain control of my vehicle the whole time and was a bit shaken out of adrenaline yet again. If one little thing may have went wrong I could have ended up with either a totaled vehicle, serious injury, or both and Thank God that He is watching over me.

This morning was the 4th freaking experience in the matter of a month and a half and yet again, I was not the one at fault. I am just about to get onto the highway (Which also had a wreck due to idiot drivers and made me late for work) and sitting at a red light when I feel my truck pounded from behind and hear WHAM! Yes.....I love it.....I punch my seat in frustration and yell some sort of explicative loudly in my truck then try to collect myself before I go out to talk to the guy. He tells me he's sorry and wasn't paying attention and I am thinking...well it helps to do that once in a while when you're driving huh....and notice that there isn't really much damage to MY BRAND NEW BUMPER. He basically described the same scenario that I went through with the man on the highway but this was totally different since it was a complete stop...not a sudden stop. I just blew it off, look at my bumper and say its fine, don't worry about it. He thanks me and apologizes again and we both get on the highway. So yet again, I am a bit shaken from another stupid fender bender and aggravated that my truck is acting as a wreck magnet all of a sudden. Especially since I need to update the tag and want to pay it off with the upcoming tax return, just being an awesome time for all of this to keep happening out of my control.
Pretty much my reaction after each occurrence.
So drivers.....STOP TEXTING, STOP RUSHING, PAY ATTENTION, AND PLEASE AVOID ME AT ALL COSTS.

Matt S.

No comments:

Post a Comment