"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Bayou Poker Classic Day 3 Recap (Another Profitable day)

Dude looked bad ass. Had to get a picture with him. More details below!
I arrived at Harrah's around the same time as the day before and again just waited around doing nothing for a little while, but today I felt like being a Degen, so I put $180 on 3 card Poker. Got my ass handed to me until he busted the table and nearly myself (Got down to $50) then played the Dealer head up and worked my way back even. Told the dealer it was fun now I'll go try some Mississippi Stud....well that was a mistake and lost it all just in time for the $175 Mega Freeze out into the Main Event. I probably would have sold the Chips cause I was going to the New Orleans Bowl that night.

The structure was pretty fast. Started with 6k in chips after the DTS and blinds went up every 20 minutes. I also had a pretty tough table with Kenny Milam, Bill Phillips, and Danny Dorcey at my table with a couple other aggressive players mixed in. I couldn't get anything going and kept running into AA or KK when trying to double my stack so I was out pretty quickly and down to only $55 of what I brought for the day to allow myself to play. I can't do crap with $55 in the poker room so my only other resort was to hope to get lucky on a damn table game.

Remembering that I profited about $60 on a Roulette machine Yesterday, I decided to put $50 on Roulette and try the same strategy I was using on the machine. I basically bet 2 of the Thirds and 2 of the Rows. they pay 2 to 1 so if I hit both I was getting a nice turnaround for my money and if I only hit one I would only lose a little bit. I was also keeping an eye out for patterns like 6 black in a row or 5 or 6 Even in a row then bet the opposite. I quickly work it up to about $140 and go sit down to make myself comfortable. Well I had to sit right next to some Ghetto woman that took the trolly from the Ghetto to Harrah's who was pretty hilarious to sit next to, but one of those people you didn't want to be on her bad side.

She told me she loved me like 4 times and that I was her good luck charm so I didn't worry about that. It's always refreshing when someone tells you, "Yo wife got her a good man AND A GOOD BABY DADDY!!!" I nearly lost my shit when she said that haha. Her luck would eventually turn, and she would blame it on another ghetto woman that would borrow her phone or beg her for money and would curse her under her breath, Then the person spinning the ball would miss her number like 8 times in a row and she was saying "I'm gonna FIND you making me lose like that, we gonna meet in the parking lot!! Take your foot off that pedal back there, I'm ON TO YOU Mother $*#4#@!!" Everyone else at the table was laughing at her and rolling their eyes. She even went to the bathroom for like 20 minutes and left her purse at the table asking me to watch it.....and of course I did.... She comes back and a guy is standing in her spot and she starts talking the same shit to him as he quietly scoots over hahaha.

Well back to my Roulette degen grind. I am Consistently hitting Both spots and occasionally hitting what I have hunches about! when the 0 came twice, I had felt it was coming and put A $5 chip there. I bet $50 on Red and hit, Bet $50 on Even and hit. After about 4 hours of playing I colored up $510 off of $50 and was almost back even for the day!!

I told my buddy John C what I managed to pull off and he asked, "Time to grind the cash game?" I was reluctant to answer at first but went walk to the Tournament room to see what they had going in there. I didn't really feel like playing a tournament so I replied "Sure why not" And bought into 1 2 with another $200. Of course I went up against a Harrah's Reg who knew all the dealers 3 hands in a row and he happened to have the better hand against me all 3 times, It was annoying but I knew he wasn't the better player than I am so I rebuy for my 300 and this Asian guy Immediately gives me $150 the next hand when he tries to bluff me off my hand on a paired river but I read him for having the flush draw and missing as he bet $100 over betting the pot. I make the call with AJ on 10J5510 board and he shows 88 then mucks.

I later pick up AhKh preflop and raise to 15 sitting with about $550 behind when a guy with $100 re-raises to $35. I figure at best we are racing and I don't mind racing for $100 in this pot so I put him all in and he calls and shows KK.....woops. No worries though, flop falls 543, turn gives me the flush draw as well, River 2 giving me the straight putting me at 650. I shake my head in disbelief and scoop the pot.

From there I pretty much played table captain and got alot of respect when I bet. I moved seats to get position on the reg to my left but after about 30 minutes, he moved seats to get position back on me. I felt like we were mainly competing against each other and the other 7 were just there paying us to watch the show. We got into it and took pots off each other but made most of our money on the others.

I had a good time and cashed out $1025 to get the profit I lost yesterday and had a pretty productive day for getting down so much earlier in the day.

Also I ran into this awesome specimen of a human that I had to get a picture with. He had like this perfect Mohawk Mullet thing going on, and was in a nice suit. I was impressed with his style, and complimented on the dude but had no idea who he was. Well hope you like the picture!

Matt Stroud

No comments:

Post a Comment