"Life is like poker, Eventually you are dealt a new hand"

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Time to Dominate Fantasy Football!



So I have recently completed both Fantasy football drafts. I am pretty confident in my teams and sense some weaknesses in some areas of each but Think overall I will be fine and have a good chance at the playoffs as long as the injury bug doesn't haunt me too much.

The first draft was Poker Monkey's $100 16 man league with all kinds of crazy scoring rules. The thing I liked about this league though is the points Return men get and alot of people in the draft over looked the value of these players as I was able to snag up a couple names leaving other people thinking, "WTF is he doing" Of course I have never been in a league that started 2 QBs (one is a flex but if you can start em, I have heard that you MUST start one for most points. The QBs in this league do put up huge points and I got left out to dry because I waited too long to get atleast 1 top notch starter and instead got stuck with two flaky scrub QBs but have potential upsides to both of them, So I will make the best of what I got. All the Top notch QBs were gone by the 3 or 4th round and by all I mean top 20 (being a 16 team league.) Even though I was lacking good QBs I feel like I racked up on every other position and even some pretty good depth on bench So overall I should be OK. Here's my starting roster for week 1.

Seattle Seagulls
QB Alex Smith 49ers
Touchdown Machine
RB Arian Foster HOU
RB Peyton Hillis CLE
WR Larry Fitzgerald ARI
WR Dez Bryant DAL (bonus for Return yardage)
TE Vernon Davis 49ers
W/T Jeremy Maclin PHI
W/R Leon Washington SEA (RET)
W/R/T Eric Weems ATL (RET)
Q/W/R/T Andy Dalton CIN
K Dan Carpenter MIA
DEF New Orleans
D Paul Poslunszky LB JAC
D Troy Polumalu S PIT
D Scott Fujita LB CLE
Human Bulldozer

Bench
Steve Breaston WR KC
Roy Helu RB WAS
Anthony Armstrong WR WAS
Jerome Harrison RB DET
Garret Hartley K NO

Hopefully Andy Dalton will be as productive as he was for TCU because with Benson getting as old as he is there wont be much of a ground game. The only way to open it up is if they can produce some kind of passing game. As far as Alex Smith with the 49ers, The addition of Braylon Edwards to go along with Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis is a big help. So hopefully this will bring back the west coast offense and lots of touchdowns in the Faaaaaaaaaabulous land of San Francisco.
Spider Man of NFL
Will catch everything Desean won't


In My local $50 league, The wonderful commish decided it would be a good idea to hold a draft at 10 pm on a weeknight where people have work in the morning. I decided to give him hell for this but was hoping everyone would be semi delirious and would make silly ass picks that I could take advantage of. It is a standard PPR League with a W/T replacing the TE position. You didn't even have to have a TE on your team as it was optional. I had the last pick of the first round and first pick of the 2nd round. I love back to back picks and felt like I got most of the players that I wanted in every round. only part where someone snagged the QB in the first round where I wanted Drew Brees but settled for Matt Ryan later in round 3/4 so it wasn't too bad. I need to redeem myself for last year missing the playoffs and going on a total meltdown LOL so these dudes better be ready. Going change my team name to the Phone Crushers after this blog (Cause I went on life tilt and destroyed my phone when they benched RBs in the NE vs. NYJ game that I needed to catch up to make the playoffs. Here's my starting Roster for week 1. (Hopefully my Rookie RB will do it big thursday night!)

Ryan, Turner, Gonzales better go beast mode this year!
The Phone Crushers
QB Matt Ryan ATL
RB Micheal Turner ATL
RB Mark Ingram NO
WR Andre Johnson HOU
WR Jeremy Maclin PHI
W/T Percy Harvin MIN
K Gostkowski NE
DEF Balt. Ravens

Bench
Saints finally have a dependable run game again!
QB Matt Hasselback TEN
QB Matt Cassell KC
RB Cedric Benson CIN
RB Daniel Thomas MIA
WR Mike Williams SEA
WR Jordy Nelson GB
WR Steve Smith PHI
TE Tony Gonzalez ATL

This man will eat your children...Not one to be F'd with
I have alot of depth on this team IMO just depends on who produces the most points. Only flub I made was drafting Cassell when Ryan's Bye week was week 8 so I had to draft Hassellback to counter this. Sleepers on this team are my 2 rookie Running backs and Steve Smith for his move to Philly from New York. I think Mike Williams with SEA will be a good pick if Whitehurst starts over poo poo Tavaris Jackson.



Time to start dominating these fools!!!! Can't wait for Thursday New Orleans Saints vs. Green Bay Packers
2009 Super Bowl Champs vs. 2010 Champs.


Matt Stroud

No comments:

Post a Comment